Sunday, April 26, 2009

Holy Schnikes!

Saturday Morning, Eric & I participated in the Texas Round-Up 5k. The weather was humid sticky and about to pour....not ideal running weather! I have taken some time off since the last 10K, so I wasn't in the best running shape. Knowing my 10K pace now, I was thinking I needed to kick up the pace today. Boy, was it rough. I sprinted the 1st mile and died in the humidity. Never really recovered or felt great about the run I finished at 25 minutes 37 seconds. Not too bad, but I was hoping for less than 24 minutes. Any how, after finishing and wanting to re-do, the times were posted and.....I came in 2nd place in my age group of 55 people! I'm so excited and gives me even more motivation to do another one, because I KNOW I could have done better! Eric did great too, finishing right behind me at 26 minutes 54 seconds. I was very proud of him and he ran much more technical than I did! My parents met us at the race with Kaylee, where she devoured my Jamba Juice, watched and danced to the Cheerleaders, and ran around the Gymnastics set-up. The Muddy Buddy is around the corner....go Team Rum Runners!

1 comments:

Queen Bee said...

That's awesome!! You go girl! We did the Flambeau run in San Antonio last night. It was fun, but the parade was much better. :)