Sunday, March 1, 2009

81st Zilker Park Kite Festival

The Kite Festival was on the top of my list of events in Austin I wanted to take K too. We got there right at 10am and boy, was it chilly. A little too cold for K. Let me stress to you how excited I was to see K's face when she saw all the kites, and well, she gave me nothing. She totally wasn't interested...at all. She immediately started dancing to the music and pointing/saying "dog, dog" over and over again. The dogs & music were her excitement. Until......she spotted the Sweet Leaf Tea booth. For those who don't know what Sweet Leaf Tea is, it is a bottled Sweet Tea Company out of Austin that sponsors lots of Austin events and races. We always get free Sweet Leaf Tea for races, so K is familiar. Anyhow, she spotted the sign and darted to it. It was so funny, but then she noticed the booth and oh my goodness was she excited. The staff working the booth were laughing and thought she was adorable....their youngest fan. So, they gave her a sticker. Kaylee was proud to wear it, but more wondering what it was. So K's highlights were music, dogs, and Sweet Leaf Tea and Eric & I's were the kites, hands down. Hopefully next year, she will enjoy it more.





2 comments:

SUSIE said...

I'm sure Kaylee loves Tutu's pic on the Sweet Leaf bottle, lol!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled here at Sweet Leaf Tea to have Kaylee as our youngest and cutest fan! Thank you for posting your story and the pictures.

Feel free to shoot me an email, as I'd love to share some free bottle coupons with y'all and some more stickers for Kaylee!
consumers@sweetleaftea.com

Sincerely,
April Riggs
Consumer Services Manager
SLT