Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women out there! Saturday night, we celebrated with a big feast for my mom! Eric grilled an enormous amount of meat and his Spicy Jammy Ribs were amazing as usual. It was great dinner, but I was tired after all that cookin'. All I wanted for Sunday Breakfast was an Italian Sausage & Red Pepper Strata that I spotted in the Bon Appetit magazine last month. Boy, was it good. Then, Eric, Kaylee, & I headed to Flat Creek Winery outside of Marble Falls. It was very pretty winery, it had the Texas Tuscan look and feel. The vines were big and established more than other Texas Wineries. The wine was surprisingly good as well. Most Texas Wines are very sweet like our Tea, but these weren't too sweet. We spent some good time tasting and walking around the wildflower garden. I definitely would like to go back, especially because it is only 45 minutes away. Afterwards, we went into Marble Falls to Sweet Berry Farms to go pick Strawberries. Kaylee is hands down at the perfect age for this! She love it, although she managed to pick every "bad" strawberry there was. The "good" strawberries were sooo juicy, Kaylee was a complete mess. We attempted to go pet the goats, but she climbed up me as fast as she could. I don't blame her, since they were taller than her. She did enjoy watching them, just from above. The best part was the homemade strawberry ice cream and well that was the perfect day for me. Hope all the mothers and moms-to-be had a great day as well. Did I mention Eric did ALL the dishes & laundry?!? :)



Yummy Strata

My 2 Favorite People, Eric & Kaylee

There was no one to take our picture, so this is us trying.

Pretty Winery


You tell Kaylee to collect something and she will be your BFF.

Picking out the "Bad" Strawberries

Scary Goat

Hope you can see Kaylee's Smiling Face!

1 comments:

SUSIE said...

I am so glad you got to go! It looks like a lot of fun! So glad you had a great time!