Saturday, May 16, 2009

iWalk

Last Wednesday, we had a iWalk Race during lunch. One of the the many reasons I enjoy Apple so much is their amazing Wellness center. There is a state of the art Gym with every class imaginable (Spin, Yoga, Pilates) and the locker room has a nice spa like feel. Not to mention, the offices are right by a .5 mile Trail Loop, which is nice to go to when the weather isn't TOO hot! They also offer Massages, Physical Therapy, Nutrition help, and lots of Educational Services. It shows that they care of the quality of life for employees. It is so nice and convenient for a working mom that tries to maximize the day! Anyhow, I was very proud of myself for coming in 3rd Overall and 2nd Girl in the 5k Race out of 280 people! Woohoo! I maintained a great steady pace and I am starting to get a good feel for running. I just need to get over the "I hate this, why I am doing this?" mental battle during the run! But it is always worth it after the fact!

2 comments:

SUSIE said...

iProud of you!!!

Queen Bee said...

That's awesome!! You go Speed Racer! :)