Monday, March 28, 2011

Wedding Weekend in Dallas

My brother from another mother...(and father), Tim, got married this past weekend! Tim is Becky's brother, which she is my BFF of 20+ Years, so it felt like it was a family wedding. Becky is currently living in beautiful Santa Barbra and everyone else but Tim is living in Florida. So, it was great time to show-off baby Maddie May and growing Kaylee to my second family.

We headed up to Arlington on Thursday. It took forever to get all the "stuff" in the car, but Maddie slept the whole way and K napped and played with the iPad. Smooth trip for the most part. Eric was a Saint, while I headed to the Rehearsal Dinner, he ordered pizza with the girls. It was my first real night out without the girls, it was weird, but I was with my other girl Becky. Did I mention Kaylee loves hotels? She assumes the whole hotel knows her and kept asking to go "see the people". She loves the attention, especially when Becky's Aunt painted her nails. And Becky gave K makeup, so of course she put lip gloss on every girl, no boys...that's silly.

The rest of the weekend we spent a lot of time in Fort Worth shopping and visiting friends. The fam and extended fam all went shopping after margaritas, which I think Becky and I just like to see how many cities we drink Margaritas and go shopping at Anthropologie. I can count 6 cities. Also, found my new favorite kiddo store...Zoe+Jack...to die for. I'm still dreaming of a few outfits right now. Next, we met up with Alicia and her boyfriend at Joe T's, which is my new favorite place. Gorgeous patio and yummy margaritas! My sister, Caitlin, was also able to stop by to hang out with the whole HP crew. And last, we visited Tim & Erika at their adorable house, where they are getting ready for Crawford James's arrival in July!

Eventful weekend and not even the wedding yet! The wedding was fun, just had some logistics issues with the girls. IE. we left and then I came back 3 hours later to continue the night. It's hard work to keep a newborn and 3 yr old all happy. But hey, at least we made it.

Tired to say the least...and we didn't take many pictures. Hands were full with little ones and their "stuff".

Love my 2nd Family

How cute? They are so wearing these Easter, don't judge. ;)

Me and the Girls

BFFs - Westside


0 comments: