Thursday, October 2, 2008

Apple Suprise

This morning when I got out of the car to walk to my building for work, I dropped my whole wheat mini bagel with onion cream cheese and it proceeded to roll away. I thought this was kind of funny considering how far it went. I chased and picked it up to find that I got cream cheese under my finger nails. I walked to my cubie and I opened a drawer to try to find a napkin and there was a big brown bag with several apple stickers (yes, stickers) on it! All my co-workers were like "that was fast"...it would have taken me the whole day to come across that if it wasn't for the bagel rolling. What a nice suprise! Inside the bag was Apple Martini mix, Apple Vodka, and a bottle wine named "Falling Star". It was awesome. My co-workers are ALL guys and ALL engineers....and these guys did something so cute, thoughtful, and homemade. To think of the Apple motif as I'm off to Apple was great and then they purposely picked out the "Falling Star" wine...because I'm their falling star! (tear) It was really great. All my co-workers, past and present, have really been so nice to me. My old group took me out yesterday to Pappadeaux and then my new group took me to Texas Land and Cattle today. I've recieved several emails and phone calls wishing me good luck and some asking to hook them up when I'm there. (which is funny too) And...I found out that Apple is setting up my desk, because an old AMAT employee saw my name and ask where I was coming from and put together that I'm Eric's wife! She contacted Eric to ask him about me, so I already have one "friend". Not to mention a small list of people that has been given to me over the past week. And one more thing...I got a phone call with one of the girls I interviewed with and she wanted to let me know all the mother and family benefits...a Mom-to-Mom talk. I thought that was totally going out of her way and so nice. I think the Apple gig will be a very good thing, as Martha Stewart would say.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a good group of people you are going to be working with!!