Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pottery Barn Mission

About a month ago, I broke a piece to one of my favorite platters we got for our wedding. I finally got around to calling Pottery Barn to see if I could order a replacement. After an HOUR on the phone, they informed me that the platter is discontinued but the Austin store may have one on clearance. I went down to the store and waited for about 30 minutes to find out they didn't have it. But I insisted them to help me...this is my favorite platter! They waited on the phone with the other location and SURE enough they had 6 in the stock room that they weren't even aware that they had!!! And the best part is they were $15.97!!! I placed an order for 2, so I could secure the purchase. Then, I went down to the mall last night with my dad to pick them up and my dad bought 2...for Christmas gifts! How cool is that! The other 2 went to the employees you got their discount on top of the clearance price and they very excited that I made them look for them! Everyone came out a winner!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

good job! i probably had the time of my life and spent an hour in the pottery barn/williams sonoma outlet in san marcos!