Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kaylee's and Kristen's New Obsessions

Kaylee's New Obsession is - DUCKS! That is her new favorite word. She walks around the house, rides in the car, lays down, repeating "duck, duck, duck!" It is very cute, but a bit repetitive. She has been walking around with her rubber duckie and her red block with a duck on it. She is very protective of these objects, not letting us hold them. She saids "aqua" and now she calls every person "da da". Never in a million years would I think our daughter's first words would be "aqua" and "duck". What ever happened to "ma ma", "da da" or "ball"?

Kristen's New Obsession is - WINE! No surprise there, but I found 2 wineries I'm very fond of and I thought I would share.

d'Arenberg - Australia: http://www.darenberg.com.au/home
Known for their Dead Arm Shiraz, which is their higher end stuff, but definitely worth it for a special occasion. I've had the following, which are in the $20 range. I haven't found anything I didn't like....perfect for the holidays!

2005 d'Arry's Original
2006 The Footbolt
2006 The Dead Arm
2007 The Hermit Crab




Luigi Bosca - Argentina: http://www.luigibosca.com.ar/2007/v8/en/index.html

Recommended from my personal wine assistant, Lucy. The girl knows wine and knows what Eric & I like. She never fails. Everything we've had from them is very good. Also in the $20 range. They also have their lower end La Linda, which is a good value. Try the Torrentes. One day when I'm a high roller, I hope to try their Icono 2005....$100+. I said ONE day. lol.

0 comments: