Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Top Chef

Last night, Eric and I had a cook-off. We are funny....we've been planning to do this since Sunday. This all started when I looked at our freezer to find several proteins that we need to use up. I love making dinner using the food we have in the fridge. You get to be creative and work with what you got! So, this lead to our Stuffed Pepper Cook-off. I haven't had one of these in a LONG time and I guess it was one of Eric's favorite growing up. He made it the traditional way with beef, rice, tomato sauce, and spices in a green bell pepper topped with feta. I took the Southwestern approach (no surprise there) with beef (used spices kind of like taco meat), corn, black beans, rotel, and cheese in a green bell pepper topped with panko. And the winner is......Kristen! Yep, Eric folded and gave me the win. It came down to his needed a little more ump and mine was packed with flavor. Although I feel his has more potential to be better next time. I really wished someone could have seen us, because we were very competitive and secretive. It was very humorous. I think watching Top Chef (our fave) has contributed to this as well. We get so excited watching it!

0 comments: