Monday, May 16, 2011

Chatterboxes

There has been a language explosion in the Ernst household. Lil' Maddie has been razzing and a-gooing....never seen a baby try to talk so hard. The teachers at school have made serval comments on how vocal she is. I'm not too surprised, since her Big Sis is quite the chatterbox!

As for K, all of the sudden she is using bigger words. Nothing HUGE, but definitely the next step in her vocabulary. Eric and I stop and look at each other, did she just say that? Like....

"That isn't funny. I'm frustrated." Referring to when she couldn't find a book in her room. How amazing for a kid to verbalize their feelings? Using frustrated instead of the usual "sad".

"That's disgusting." Referring to the bug on the floor, instead of saying "gross".

"Wow, amazing." Referring to the Easter Cookies, instead of saying "yummy."

On a funny note, she is learning that some words have dual meanings. The other night I had a "hot" issue at work, boy, this was had to explain. Hot? Fire? Another instnace, Eric referred to something as "on track" and K asked about the racetrack.

Flashback....On one of my childhood favorites "Full House", DJ calls her little sister, Stephanie, a Chatterbox. For whatever reason, this was a huge insult. So, my older sister, Lindsey, would call me a Chatterbox and also went on to duct tape my mouth shut. Oh, sisters....

0 comments: