Sunday, May 1, 2011

Eeyore's Birthday: Kid's Costume Contest - "Kelly The Princess"

No, we weren't planning on entering the Kid's Costume Contest. But while we were playing the Kids' Games, so many people asked if K was going to be in the contest. Why not? We go to wait in line, and some of these kids went ALL out. This was just an opportunity for K to be a Princess...again. As the contest began, the kids would go introduce themselves and answer a question or two. Oh no. K is three years old. There is no way this is going to happen. I was standing with MM and my friend Julie while Eric was with K, I'm trying to get his attention to give her a "pep talk". There was no pep talk happening. I started to get worried and bet Julie $5 that K would run off the stage.

Then, it was K's turn. She went up there by herself in front of lots and lots and LOTS of people.

Announcer, "Who do we have here?"
K, "Kaylee"
Announcer, "We have KELLY. And what are we dressed as, KELLY?"
K, "Princess"
Announcer, "We have KELLY The Princess. Are you having fun KELLY? Anything special you want to say to everybody?"
K, "This is my Princess Wand."
Announcer, "Ok. So, KELLY the Princess, everybody. We are having fun."

Ok, I was DYING laughing...KELLY? Thank goodness, Julie recorded this...which is at the bottom of the post. So proud of K for not running off the stage and brave enough to talk to the announcer in front of lots and lots of people.

She lost to the Purple People Eater, but it's ok....Kelly lost...not Kaylee. ;)


One of many crazy kids...

I pretty sure the kid to the right placed

So proud of my Kelly...I mean Kaylee


0 comments: