Sunday, May 8, 2011

Special Breakfast with K

Friday Morning, K's school had a special breakfast for the Mamas. I dropped off K and then needed to get MM situated in her classroom. When I came back to K's room, she had two plates of banana breads with forks and two glasses of chamomile tea waiting for me at the table. She has never waited on me before...so nice to be pampered by a 3-yr-old. While eating she told me to close my eyes for a surprise (something I do often with her), once I opened my eyes she gave me a clay pinch pot that she had made. She was so proud to give it to me. After we finished, she cleaned up everything. Again, not used to the wait staff. She pushed in our chairs and wanted to show me the classroom. Not just any tour, but..."Here is the door to outside. Here is the doorknob." etc. etc. She wanted to show me all of her work, but obviously didn't have a week to spend in the classroom. I told her to pick one work to show me, so she picked a Butterfly Puzzle where you put together the eggs, then caterpillar, then cocoon, then Butterfly. She was elated after she finished it by herself....kept saying that this is a "hard" puzzle since it has "lots and lots" of pieces.

Definitely saw a more mature kid Friday morning, and really felt like she was going out of her way to make me feel special. One lucky Mommy.




0 comments: