Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday Kaylee!

Oh, yes....we celebrate Half-Birthdays! It all started with my December Birthday and my Sisters/Brother having summer birthdays. I was part of the "It sucks to have a birthday right before Christmas" Club. So, my Mom started celebrating my Half-Birthday in June. I got half a cake, often times a watermelon. I would a get a small gift too. I loved it and my friends love it even more. Some of my Half-Birthdays were some of the best birthdays I've ever had, besides celebrating Lindsey's Birthdays with her ID. ha. There are no expectations with a half-birthday, so no disappointments. I love them.

Today was Kaylee's Half-Birthday...the big 3 and 1/2! She wanted Strawberry Shortcake and Strawberry Cake...so that is what she got. She was elated and loved celebrating another birthday! I called my Dad and K hijacked the phone and locked herself in her room. She realized it was Papa's Half-Birthday too.....so we celebrated with him too. She doesn't quite understand the "Half" part as she told 2 8-Yr-Olds, "It's my birthday." "When?" "Right NOW. I'm Four." Well K, you aren't Four RIGHT NOW, but in 6 months!

My first time making the famous Watermelon Half Birthday Cake

Happy Half-Birthday Kaylee!

Half-Birthday Twins

Excited about Strawberry Shortcake...more excited about Cool Whip

0 comments: