Friday, April 8, 2011

Movie Outing with the Girls


When I just had K, lots of moms told me to go see a movie. I thought this was absurd, take a newborn to a movie? I could see me running out of the theater with a crying baby in the first 10 minutes. No, thank you.


However, when trying to keep a 3-year old entertained and a newborn, I thought I might give this movie thing a try. How bad could it be? I'm experienced now...I've had my moments of crying baby on the plane, potty training clean-up on aisle 9, and forehead collision to a marble table corner.

Fed Maddie, loaded up the Mary Poppins bag of food (No, I don't care), everyone went potty, and left just in time to get there right when the movie started. Not one minute early, I do NOT want to increase the time of sitting. Tickets, check. Popcorn, check. Seat next to the door, check.

Preview start. K, "I want to go home." And she hasn't mastered whispering.

This is going to be fun. Oh, previews. Why do you have to be so scary? Please stop and start Hop....fun, light, Easter Bunny, candy movie.

FINALLY, Hop started and I saw a smirk on K's face. She probably said she wanted to go home at least 10 times, but we were making progress. After making some headway, OF COURSE there has to be a scene of scary big dogs chasing someone. K is deathly scared of dogs. We need a dog whisperer. I thought this was going to be the end of it, but I told her to close her eyes. Phew. About 30 minutes into the movie, it was smooth sailing. She finally started to laugh, smile, and enjoy the show! M slept the whole time with a little rocking.

I survived...one hand rubbing K's back and one hand rocking M....the whole time. The Mommy Workout.

At the end of the movie there was the scene where the Dad said he was proud/loves the son. Without taking her eyes off the screen, K touches my leg and said, "I love you, Mommy."

Alright, little more effort that I would have liked, but it was worth it. And now K is SO excited for Easter! Not to mention she thinks the Easter Bunny poops jelly beans. See the movie.

0 comments: