Sunday, September 14, 2008

Missed the Mark...twice

Last night, I went out with one of my good old friends for a girls night out. We went to Jasper's (Gourmet Backyard Cuisine) for dinner, which has been on the top of my lists of places to go for awhile now. The Chefs won on Iron Chef, their ribs are the "Bon Appetit's Top 3 in America", and has been written up in SOOO many magazines. I was excited! We start off with crab cakes and they were good, but needed more flavor. Then, we shared Texas Peach Barbecued Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Cream Corn and their famous Ribs with Aged Gouda Mac & Cheese. Don't get me wrong everything was good...it just wasn't WOW and especially for the HIGH dollar price. The descriptions sounded amazing and the food didn't live up to them. I was bummed, but had a blast with my girlfriend and well of course WINE makes everything better! After dinner we were off to see "The Women" with Meg Ryan. I was again excited and again disappointed. It was sooo boring! And after wine, a late boring movie wasn't the answer for me. I'm pretty sure I dozed off several times. But guess you can't win them all...at least I was with good company.

0 comments: