Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Wonderful Saturday Morning

I have been very excited about the Grand Opening of Tiff's Treats right by our house on 183. Tiff's Treats is a cookie delivery store that started on the UT Campus and Tiff was a UT Business Grad. They are soooo good...taste just like you mother's homemade cookies. This place was like the devil and probably contribute to many students' Freshman 15! Anyways, their Grand Opening was this Saturday. The were selling a dozen cookies for, get this, TWO DOLLARS! All of the proceeds are going to Make-A-Wish Foundation for the cutest little girl Jordyn. Her wish was her family to go to Disney World. I arrived promptly at 9am and I guess several people at this idea...the line was soooo long! I thought it would go pretty fast, but Tiff's will only put out the freshest cookies. So..I waited TWO HOURS! Yes, I could have given up, but I couldn't stop thinking of Jordyn and her family. That is what kept me there for 2 hours and of course I made new friends in the line! I bought 5 dozen and another 5 dozen for my new friend in front of me. There was 10 dozen limit and he was buying them for his firm. But then I discovered I won some of their door prizes! I won a $10 Gift Card to Quiznos and $25 to Uchi Sushi! I was so excited! They ended up selling 1800 dozen cookies and are able to send the family to Disney World! Gift Cards, Cheap Great Warm Cookies, and helping fulfill a little girl's dream! Not too shabby for a Saturday morning!

http://www.cookiedelivery.com/austin/

0 comments: