Saturday, September 13, 2008

No love from Hurricane Ike


Zero. Zero rain that is. Austin has gotten nothing from Ike thus far. We are fortunate we didn't get a beating like Houston area got, but being soo close we thought we would get something. We've been clued to the TV and couldn't believe the size of Ike, weather is truly unbelievable. And yes, our family from Angleton had evacuated to San Antonio on Wednesday. Thank you for those you asked. I do have to smile when I hear the name Ike, since I went to Eisenhower Middle School. I have shirts and pins that say "Ike Pride". It is rather humorous to me. However I was shocked when I went to HEB on Thursday night to pick up a "few" items and there was NO stock of anything. I managed to find a case of water on a random shelf which I was happy about and got the last loaf of wheat bread on the shelf. Not to mention I waited 40 minutes to check out! It was insane...I never thought so many people would freak out and prepare how much as they did in Austin. But I guess better safe than sorry. My hearts do go out to the Houston residents who now how to go back home and see possible damage. I hope it all works out.

0 comments: