Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mission Impossible - Tiger Beer

My co-worker just got back from Singapore and wouldn't stop talking about Tiger Beer. He even visited the brewery! Eric & I had never had it and well that means we need to try it. My co-workers and I soon realized we couldn't find it at all in Austin. I went to HEB, Whole Foods, Spec's, Grapevine Market, Central Market, and even the Asian Supermarkets! It turned into a HUGE mission at work...we were calling everyone (yes, our work suffered). So it turns out the Central Texas distributors stopped carrying it and could only be found in selected Dallas/Houston stores in Texas. Since we were headed to Dallas, I made a few phone calls and I found a place that sold it! So, we went and bought all they had....a whole 3 6-Packs! My co-workers should be happy I'm bringing it in tomorrow (of course it will be a parking lot exchange)! We tried it tonight and well, it isn't bad. Nothing special, but good. I think it was more fun to track it down. So, if you see it you should buy it knowing we can't get here in Austin. Mission Impossible...Completed.

0 comments: