Saturday, August 9, 2008

Still sleeping...

It is 10:30am and everyone is asleep....even Kaylee is taking a nap. I've always been a sleeper but not as a working mom I wake up early! I'm just waiting for all the out of towners to wake up to start the Saturday fun, but I will start blogging until then. We were very fortunate to have Eric's sister Melissa to babysit last night...love having family near by. Thanks Melissa! Kaylee did well, but Friday nights have been hard for her....she is soo exhausted from the week as I am too! I don't know how to repay the family babysitters...so I got the Wii, 2 Netflix, made cookies, Bourbon Slush, and Baked Ziti. Since most of the night Kaylee is asleep, I TRY to provide the most entertainment in our house possible. Did I mention how hot it is? Last night, we went to places with patio, because you think nice summer nights right? No, it is HOT. Lived in Texas my whole life and I have never been able to handle the heat....I was even a lifeguard through my high school years! I can't wait for the fall....which really isn't fall, but it is nice and cool...well, cool-er. On another side note....my mom told me 15% of Moms Blog!! I believe their is a new generation of moms and I'm one of them! Check out the article on blogging - http://www.statesman.com/life/content/life/stories/other/08/09/0809raisingaustin.html

1 comments:

Kelly said...

We were out on our porch enjoying the day. When the sun went down we had to go in because it was a little too chilly!!! hahahaaaa! i do wish it was a little warmer but feel sorry for y'all in your 100+ degree weather!!