Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics 2008


USA! USA! We will shout this and Kaylee will start clapping...it is awesome. Eric had purchased Olympic Doll Collectibles for Kaylee when he was in Beijing, but he won't let Kaylee open the package to play with them because he swears they will be worth something...someday. So, they are sitting on our fireplace mantle for now. I really enjoy watching the Olympics, especially swimming, gymnastics, and track and field. There something about the Olympics that just amazes me and well the 400m Men's Freestyle Relay was one of the most amazing races I've seen. After spending the weekend with an Australian, I didn't realize how much Americans take the Olympics for granted. Everywhere we went TVs were playing Cops, ESPN, Monday Night Football and NOT the Olympics. My friend kept repeating...this would NEVER happen in Australia. There they live for the Olympics and I believe that could be said for so many other countries....wish Americans would appreciate it a bit more. Let the games continue...

0 comments: